Pages

Saturday 22 October 2011

"Miss Representation":


PLEASE watch this video not only is it an important topic close to my heart but I feel it is something we should all be concerned about. MISS REPRESENTATION is directed by Jennifer Siebel Newsom, and explores how mainstream media contributes to the under-representation of women in influential positions in America and challenges the media's limiting and often disparaging portrayals of women, which make it difficult for the average girl to see herself as powerful.

This kind of representation happens in so many other area's especially in hip-hop where female rappers I feel are made to portray themselves in a more sexual look to get any type of recognition. Women in the board room who are focused and show leadership may be labeled a bitch where as a guy may be seen as being assertive.

I am really pleased about this movie and would love to see the full version. I am completely down with Jennifer's action for call. We can all make a difference, I know if I ever have daughters I will be sure to provide them with the right balance of information of strong women leaders, thinkers, doers out there, I can’t expect the media to do it …well just not yet any way.




For more information:
Miss Representation - Website | Facebook | TwitterYoutube
Girls Club Entertainment
Jennifer Siebel Newsom Twitter


 Source thosegirlsrwild

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails